Study the World with 80 Montessori-Inspired Activities
Geography and Social Studies are subjects Montessori homeschool parents often struggle with teaching. Parents often browse the Internet for ideas and see beautiful baskets full of items from around the world. While these are lovely, they can be cost prohibitive for many families. Educating our children to be good global citizens is an important task and calling. It begins with a good understanding of our world.
Homeschool Geography Curriculum Made Simple & Cost-Effective
A great homeschool Geography curriculum doesn’t have to cost much. Educating with Montessori at home can sometimes seem expensive! Simply head to your local library. Hundreds of beautiful books exist to help. Your children can immerse themselves in different cultures. From the comfort of their own room, they can travel the world! Book characters are an easily relatable way to learn. Children easily identify with characters.
Studying international cuisine is fun too. Try sampling different herbs and spices from other nations. Grab groceries at an International Market for a whole new experience. Add on a trip to a restaurant for a real sample of international flavor!
We want to make these subjects easy and accessible for all homeschool families. (Co-ops and classrooms are welcome to adapt and use these materials as well!) That’s why we’ve been working hard to bring you this FREE activity pack. At almost 100 pages, this is our largest activity pack yet. Unlike our previous packs, we’ve designed this to last at least a semester. With 80 activities, you could make it last up to a couple of years!
Travel Around the World with 80 Montessori-Inspired Activities
This pack is full of high-quality content. Everything you’ve come to know and love from us. It requires very little prep work on your part. Do make sure to pre-read this pack, however. This will give you an idea of how you’d like to plan, supplies needed, and what you will come back to or repeat.
What you'll find:
80 activities. 40 books, 10 International recipes, 11 art projects, and 19 Montessori-inspired works.
- There are a number of ways you could incorporate this pack into your homeschool. You'll find ideas within the welcome letter of the pack.
- Several works will be repeated throughout your studies.
A book list of books about the world.
- We have books for preschoolers through teens.
- These are some of the best-loved Geography and cultural studies books out there.
- Hint- If using the library, make sure to put these books on hold ahead of time! You might find a few aren’t readily available because of how popular they are.
- These would be great read-aloud books. Try placing a few out on shelves as well. A couple of books also include additional homeschool Geography and Social Studies activities.
Classic and unique works.
- Me On the Map, Nomenclature Cards, Pin Punches, and more classic Montessori activities. These are works you’ll find Montessorians around the world working on! Enjoy them in your Montessori at home education too.
- We’ve added our own flare and created new works as well. Your children will love making continent boxes, researching international jewelry, and learning other languages.
Exploration through Art- The arts are an excellent way to get to know another culture.
- You’ll find art projects from every continent. We’ve included information to make them accessible for a wide range of ages. These are great projects for older students to work on with younger too.
- Several of these projects might give way to something bigger! Your student might find a new passion, gift idea, or a small business.
- You may want to consider a field trip to an art museum. This is another excellent way to view art from around the world.
- This is to help those using ShillerLearning’s materials. We have listed related lessons to enhance your studies.
- Remember, students enjoy coming back to lessons multiple times. Even if a child has already completed a lesson, they can be repeated. You may wish to include these again to help reinforce concepts.
Delicious Dishes- Cultural studies aren’t complete without something to eat!
- Ten perfectly-sized recipe cards await. Your family will enjoy savory to sweet from around the world!
- As always, we’re bringing you the most beautiful printables out there.
- Take a peek through the printables before you print them. Several you may want to laminate or print on cardstock for durability.
- We suggest laminating the recipe cards and world map.
- The Grammar Cards, Nomenclature Cards, and Matching Cards are best printed on cardstock
- You’ll need multiple copies of the Continent Research page. Or, laminate it and work it dry erase for each continent.
- To save on ink, you may want to keep the instructions on your phone or e-reader. Then print the recipe cards and printables.
High-quality and affordable
Only a few inexpensive craft supplies are needed. Most supplies you already have on hand!
The ShillerLearning team has loved creating this pack. It is our hope you’ll LOVE this 100% FREE homeschool geography curriculum. We’re excited to be sharing it with you. Have fun exploring the world from the comfort of your own home. We’d love to see what you’ve been working on too! Tag us on Instagram @shillerlearning with your completed projects and shelf set-ups.
We hope this pack will encourage you to enjoy and learn more about Homeschooling. Plus this month’s pack is just as free as fresh air and sunshine! So download it now and start reading with your child!
See Inside Our Montessori-Based Kits
Amanda is a former Montessori teacher who is now homeschooling her only child, a seven-year-old boy. Her family resides in an Airstream that is parked in Colorado. She loves Colorado’s outdoor opportunities. When she’s not schooling, she also blogs at TreehouseDaily.com, works as a Virtual Assistant and loves reading and creating hand-lettering pieces.